Volusia County School Board
Westside Elementary School - Addition and Renovation
Hall & Ogle Architects was chosen to design new additions and renovations for Volusia County School's Westside Elementary. The proposed additions and renovations will ultimately include 46,800 sf of new and updated facilities for students and facility. The construction will include 5,600 sf of new and renovated administration areas, 11 new classrooms, 8,064 sf of new and renovated ESE areas, new and renovated kitchen and food service facilities, a new music suite, P.E. suite and art lab. Along with additions and renovations, the existing parent pick-up/drop-off loop and bus loop will be reworked along with over site improvements.
First Step Shelter
Hall and Ogle Architects was chosen to design a 17,922 sf. homeless shelter for Volusia County. First Step Shelter will be a 24 hour, full service shelter offering approximately 100 beds for men and women across the county. Some of the amenities provided will include separate male and female dormitories, a full service kitchen with interior/exterior dining areas as well as health and medical services.
Other Projects In Design
Enterprise Elementary School Serving Lines
Discovery Elementary School Serving Lines
McInnis Elementary School Serving Lines
Atlantic High School Digital Sign
Temple Israel Addition
Volusia County's Beach Safety Department
Flagler Avenue Lifeguard Station
The ribbon cutting was held last week for the brand new Flagler Avenue Lifeguard Station for Volusia County's Beach Safety Department. Located in New Smyrna Beach, a block away from Flagler Avenue, the 2,000 SF facility includes a large garage space, law enforcement office, staff office, kitchen, first aid area, and shower/locker room facilities. Beach Safety personnel had been housed for many years in an old dilapidated building from the early 1900's that was originally built as a part of a Coast Guard facility. That building was just demolished within the past few weeks. Check out the awesome custom made surfboards on the columns in front of the building, locally fabricated of course.